Re: How to Retain an Existing Ext4 Partition with a Debian 5.0.5 DVD Installation?

Tom Browder:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 07:44, Alain Baeckeroot
>
>> Lenny does not support ext4 for /boot (maybe / too), but
>> it can manage ext4 for other partitions.
>> https://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Ext4_Howto#For_people_who_are_running_Debian
>> http://wiki.debian.org/Ext4
>>
>> For sure there is a backported kernel with ext4 support, it works flawlessly for me.
>> http://backports.org/
>> http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/kernel/linux-image-2.6-686
>
> Good info, Alain, thanks!

In order to be able to at least mount existing ext4 filesystems during
installation, you canalso try Kenshi Muto's d-i:
http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

These are regular images, just with a more recent kernel. And Kenshi is
a DD, in case you care.

J.
--
I spend money without thinking on products and clothes that I believe
will enhance my social standing.