Re: how to rotate ogg/theora video 90 degrees? (having to reencode is ok)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:35:31 +0300, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:

> Camaleón writes:
>> Sure, so if you are facing problems with one video codec, you''ll have
>> to use another one to bypass the bug or try another application that
>> uses its own version of mencoder (i.e., Avidemux) ;-)
>
> avidemux is not in Debian, only in debian-multimedia.org.

Okay. Change "avidemux" by "any video editor using its own implementation
of mencoder/ffmpeg as backend wich is available in Debian oss repo" :-)

> Afaik Debian
> can encode to theora, webm, mpeg1(?), flv (h263?) and mjpeg. Out of
> these options theora seemed like the best since I have an ARM optimized
> libtheora (should be in Debian when upstream releases it) that works on
> openmoko. If there's something else in Debian I'm open to alternatives
> :-)

(...)

I cannot see "theora" listed in the table of avialable codecs¹, so how "-
lavcopts vcodec=libtheora" could work? :-?

¹ http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-enc-libavcodec.html

Greetings,

--
Camaleón