Re: Verbatim 1TB external HDD

Lisi wrote:
> I have been asked to set this HDD up as a backup device on a Lenny system.
> It is currently formatted "To" and FAT32.
>
> What would people recommend in this situation?  Reformat or use
> FAT32?  And if reformat, to what?

It is "just a disk drive".  There isn't anything magical about it
having come with FAT32.  That is just a mild convenience so that the
casual MS user does not need to format it themselves.  But they could
and you could too.

I would reformat it.  Use mkfs to create a Unix filesystem on it.  I
would probably go with ext3 since you want it as a backup system and
stability is the primary consideration there.

Bob