Re: Verbatim 1TB external HDD

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:53:28 -0400 Gregory Seidman
<gsslist+debian@anthropohedron.net> wrote:

> I recommend making it an LVM physical volume and creating a volume
> group on top of it. Create a logical volume the exact size of the
> volume you are backing up, then use dd to copy it for the first
> time (boot from a CD, if necessary, so the source volume isn't
> mounted). Then create an LVM snapshot.
[...]

This seems way too complicated, given that there are fine incremental
backup scripts prepackaged in Debian. I'd just use the thing as a
simple, large partition and tell one of the existing backup programs
to send incrementals onto the partition daily.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com