Re: Mounting cdrom ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 1 / ISOFS: changing to secondary root

On 08/22/2010 11:33 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
Hi there,

   I have been experiencing a very bizarre behavior in the last couple
of weeks. I am running a lenny system with kernel 2.6.32 from backport
and for some reason I cannot mount cdrom from the gnome session
anymore.
   From the command line, it works after much struggle (*).

   What is odd is:
- DATA CD with ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A are fine, no problem
(typically my bootable cdrom of lenny) (3 different cd tested)
- DATA DVD are fine, no problem (3 different dvd tested)
- DATA CD with ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 1 seems to
all have the same symptoms on my machine (4 different cd tested). They
do load perfectly fine on a windows machine.

The only bug that ressemble those symptoms is:

However I find it hard that so few people would experience that.

Any suggestion ?

It would help if you could tell us what the
" > all have the same symptoms" are.

Wayne