Re: From console to GUI

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
> Dne, 20. 08. 2010 16:01:31 je Camaleón napisal(a):
>>
>> I now use GNOME. I "used" KDE 3.x branch which I liked *a lot*, but
>> switched to GNOME as soon as KDE4 entered into scene.
>>

> +1

I dropped KDE myself after 4 was foisted on us.  After trying a number
of DEs (including GNOME), I settled on Enlightenment, and that is now
my default for all fresh installs.  :)  However, for my login manager,
I do still use GDM, since it is so easy to set up XDMCP remote login
capabilities (XDM and XDM based greeters don't seem capable of this
without mucking around with various config files).