Re: Icedove trash icon appears only after trash is emptied

Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:20:55 -0500, Elmer E. Dow wrote:

Icedove's trash icon disappears when I reboot. It reappears only after
doing File -> Empty Trash.  This is a recent occurrence.

How do I fix this? I'd like to have the icon visible so I can retrieve a
discarded file if necessary.

I'm using Lenny with FluxBox on an IBM R40 laptop.

Try to recreate the Trash folder by moving or renaming (do not delete) these files and restarting Icedove:

~/.mozilla-thunderbird/profile.default/Mail/Local Folders/Trash
~/.mozilla-thunderbird/profile.default/Mail/Local Folders/Trash.msf

Before doing it, just check the current Trash folder is empty (contains no data).

Greetings,

I renamed those files Trashold and Trashold.msf, then restarted Icedove. Still no Trash icon in Icedove, but it did recreate the Trash and Trash.msf files in the Local Folders directory. I rebooted, still no change. What should I try now?

By the way, instead of profile.default I have e3x3er35.default.

Elmer