Re: Blank blue screen after logging into an account for the first time with gdm and choosing window manager

I have a few more questions:

> > Is there anything in `.xsession-errors`? (This file is in the home
> > directory of the account that you are logged in as.)
>
> I haven't checked there, actually, but I'll look.

Did you see anything in this file?

Does the problem still occur if you bring the netbook out of standby and:
* There are "no programs" running (your desktop will be running, as well as
gnome-panels, of course, but I mean an Internet browser, text editor, etc.)
* You do not move the mouse or type anything on the keyboard.

After the screen goes blue, if you SSH into the netbook, what do you see when
you execute:
ps -u YOURUSERNAME