Re: Blank blue screen after logging into an account for the first time with gdm & choosing window manager

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 11:41:26PM +0000, Daniel Trebbien wrote:
> > So why didn't Nautilus start after I selected a window manager?
>
> I figured it out. For some reason, the X session manager was set to
> `/usr/bin/choosewm` by default when it needed to be `/usr/bin/gnome-session`. I
> corrected this with:
>
> sudo update-alternatives --config x-session-manager

I would like to continue this discussion, if that's okay.

When I bring my HP Mini 100 netbook out of standby, the screen flickers
on occassion, and then at some random moment in time, it seems, it will
go to a blank blue screen. The session is still active. I can SSH to the
netbook, and I can change TTYs to a virtual TTY (although the screen
remains blank blue), and CTR+ALT+DELETE will reboot.

I only have one link in alternatives for x-session-manager, and it's
pointing to /usr/bin/gnome-session, so not sure what the deal is. There
is nothing interesting in /var/log/Xorg.log, nothing in dmesg nor
/var/log/messages. So, I'm at a loss.

Any ideas?

--
. O .   O . O   . . O   O . .   . O .