Re: squeeze install: Gave up waiting for root devices

Mark wrote:

It was either this thread or another one where several of us chimed in and said Unetbootin doesn't work properly with Debian. If you have issues use the method described in the Debian Installation manual.

Hello Mark,

I'm able to use Unetbootin, for my computer the difference maybe that my BIOS has USB emulation and I can set it as a Fixed Disk and Unetbootin works, if I set the emulation any other way (Removable or Auto) the flash drive will give me "boot error".

So I've been looking into other ways that will work and I found that this is the Debian Way: http://tinyurl.com/bx5b34

I used a 'Lenny 505 AMD64 netinstall' iso on a small 256MB flash drive and it worked just fine on both my laptop and desktop.

Notice: boot.img.gz has to be the same version and architecture as the .iso you are using, "i386 boot.img.gz - i386 iso" or the same for AMD64.

I hope this helps Haines Brown and maybe some others that are trying to get Debian onto their NetBook or other cd driveless computer. ;-)
--
Jimmy Johnson

Ubuntu Lucid and Trinity KDE 3.5.11 - EXT4 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263