Re: squeeze install: Gave up waiting for root devices

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 9:43 AM, brownh <brownh@historicalmaterialism.info> wrote:
I tried 15 seconds, but didn't help.

I suspect my problem was that the /boot partition was not made
bootable. I found that the squeeze installer wouldn't allow me to
toggle the bootable flag on this partition, and so I resorted to an
old /boot partition that was bootable. But I suspect that didn't do as
I intended.

Incidentally, I created a UNetbootin key and am trying a
reinstallation using it. Works up to the above bootable toggle
problem.

Haines

It was either this thread or another one where several of us chimed in and said Unetbootin doesn't work properly with Debian.  If you have issues use the method described in the Debian Installation manual.

Mark