meta-question

I don't see an administrator to address this question to, so please forgive me
for addressing it to all and sundry:

I was accustomed some time back to post questions on linus.debian.user
(http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/topics).  Recently, I logged
into this forum and tried to post.

My post was rejected and I was informed I needed to register.  I registered as
instructed, and now emails sent to  debian-user@lists.debian.org are posted at
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/topics.

However, if I try to respond within a thread where I am the OP, my response
never makes it into the thread!

This is kind of confusing.  Can someone clarify for me what I need to do be a
full-fledged participant in this discussion group?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Lou
NYC