Re: meta-question

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:02:22 -0400, Louis Hinman wrote:

(...)

> However, if I try to respond within a thread where I am the OP, my
> response never makes it into the thread!

Maybe due to this?

Why aren't my posts appearing?
http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46491

> This is kind of confusing.  Can someone clarify for me what I need to do
> be a full-fledged participant in this discussion group?

Google usenet groups have a different behaviour than the originating
mailing lists.

Look, this usenet group seems to be moderated:

***
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/about

Description  	debian-user[at]lists.debian.org (Moderated)
***

But the original Debian mailing list is not:

***
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

This list is not moderated; posting is allowed by anyone.
***

Better use the Debian mailing lists resources. You can easily read and
post into this list within a newsreader (I use Pan), no e-mail client nor
subscription required.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón