pam-ldap breaks dhcp

Hi all,

I'm doing some pam-ldap tests using Lenny in a VBox.

I do all the pam configuration successfully, it tests fine, including login.

However, on first reboot, udev complains a lot about missing groups (like in this bug report http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=516149).
It then continues to boot until it gives the login prompt.
However, at the end of the boot, eth0 is up but not working. Logs in daemon.log says that dhcp is continuously trying to be configured, but that there is no reply.

Replacing "files ldap" by "files" only in /etc/nsswitch.conf then rebooting, all works fine.

What gives? What influence does pam-ldap have over dhcp?

TIA,

Laurent