Re: Samba Difficultidw

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:08:22 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:

> I have a mix of Win2K and Debian Linux computers. My cable router/switch
> is acting as a DHCP server and a DNS server for my internal 19.168.1.
> network. My new computer Lzit1 is acting as a smbd, nmbd and winbind
> server. My Lzit2 is acting as a samba client. Wzit3 and Wzit4 also
> exist.
>
> When trying to change the file attributes of Lzit2 from Lzit1 I get:
>
> Changing
> the attributes of files is not supported with protocol smb.
>

> When trying to delete files from Lzit2 via Lzit1 I get:
>
> The file or folder smb://Lzit2 ........ does not exist

(...)

Just a quick question that may not be related to the issue you are
asking, but... could I ask why are you using smb/cifs protocol for
accessing/managing files and perms from/to linux boxes (I'm assuming here
both "Lzitx" computers are indeed linuxes)?

You can use ssh (command line), sftp:// (nautilus/konqueror 4.4) or
fish:// (konqueror 3.x), just to preserve your "sanity" :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón