Re: Re: Samba Difficultidw

El 2010-08-12 a las 21:12 -0700, Gary Roach escribió:

(resending to the list, it reached just my e-mail)

> On 01/-10/-28163 11:59 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:08:22 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:

(...)

>>> When trying to change the file attributes of Lzit2 from Lzit1 I get:
>>>
>>> Changing
>>> the attributes of files is not supported with protocol smb.
>>>

>>> When trying to delete files from Lzit2 via Lzit1 I get:
>>>
>>> The file or folder smb://Lzit2 ........ does not exist
>>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Just a quick question that may not be related to the issue you are
>> asking, but... could I ask why are you using smb/cifs protocol for
>> accessing/managing files and perms from/to linux boxes (I'm assuming here
>> both "Lzitx" computers are indeed linuxes)?
>>
>> You can use ssh (command line), sftp:// (nautilus/konqueror 4.4) or
>> fish:// (konqueror 3.x), just to preserve your "sanity" :-)

> In answer to your question, I was trying for one size fits all and a
> completely transparent system. Maybe this is just unrealistic. Also, I
> am not the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to networking. Yes the
> L systems are both Linux systems.

Not unrealistic at all, but samba has it own tricks and well-knowing
them is not an easy task. I avoid using samba as much as I can just for
that... is a bit complex to deal with when it comes to posix-winnt
permissions matching :-)

Some thoughts for your problem... check samba server logs and, one more
question, how are were you changing the permissions of the file, via
"smbclient setmode" or using graphical file manager? :-?

> Thanks for the reply
>
> Gary R.

Greetings,

--