Re: Internal modem

On 8/12/2010 9:37 AM, Sunil Kumar wrote:
Can i please know how to connect to the internet using my internal
modem using debian..?
I can connect it through an external modem via the usb port...But its
not possible to do it via the internal modem..please tell me what to
do..?

Many internal modems are not supported in Linux because they require firmware to be loaded to the modem by the driver (i.e., the kernel) and this firmware is not available. You should determine if your modem is one with or without a Linux driver and/or firmware support.