Re: Gnome automount

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:56:55 +0100, James Allsopp wrote:

> How do I stop gnome automounting a usb hard drive? I ideally need an
> option, to ask me if I want to mount the drive. This is very annoying
> when I need to manually mount the drive as read only, as I'm trying to
> recover data from it.
>
> Done some googling on this, and gnome-volume-manager and gconf are both
> mentioned, but I dont think I use either of those. I'm using Debian
> Squeeze.

Yep, that "combo" ("gnome-volume-manager" and "gconf") could work.

Open gconf editor and browse to "apps/nautilus/preferences/", uncheck
"[ ] media_automount". That should avoid auto-mounting USB disks.

Then, you could add an applet to the panel called "disk automounter" and
do it from there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón