Re: Gnome automount

El 2010-08-11 a las 12:03 +0100, James Allsopp escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On 11 August 2010 11:57, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

> > Yep, that "combo" ("gnome-volume-manager" and "gconf") could work.
> >
> > Open gconf editor and browse to "apps/nautilus/preferences/", uncheck
> > "[ ] media_automount". That should avoid auto-mounting USB disks.
> >
> > Then, you could add an applet to the panel called "disk automounter" and
> > do it from there.

> Just wondering what's causing the automounting at the moment though?
> Ideally all I want is a dialogue to ask me before it automounts.

GNOME implements an "automount" feature in join with udev and
automount-fs, I guess.

About how to get the dialog prompt before mounting a device, dunno if it
is configurable in that way :-? (I barely remember that option was
indeed present in KDE 3.5 but those great days are now gone :-P).

I get a prompt when inserting some sort of media (camera or cell phone
with photos) in oder to perform any action with it but not for mounting
it.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón