Re: Software to handle bits and pieces of information.

On 04/08/10 19:13, Gary Roach wrote:
Hi;
I could use some suggestions. I seem to collect a lot of snippets of
information scribbled on pieces of paper, old napkins, etc. Examples are
notes on harware, sources for stuff, notes on possible projects, book
that I might want to buy in the future and on and on. This has generated
numerous scraps of paper and sticky notes with the result that chaos
reigns. I recently tried knotes which helped a lot but didn't cover
tasks. I have now switched to Kontact. This takes care of scheduling
things, projects and short term notes. I still am not sure what to do
about those notes that could be around for a long time like maybe a note
on the "proton boron fusion reaction energy" . I may never use it but
would like to be able to find the information if need be. I guess I need
a repository for disparate information (how's that for fuzzy). I hope
this makes some sense.

Any suggestions.

Gary R

I use a tiddlywiki on a usb stick.  Take it with me everywhere.

http://www.tiddlywiki.com/

and note (and brainstorm with myself) with it lots.

With it being a self contained file that just needs a browser, it works on almost everything I need it to (not found a way to access it my my iPhone yet :-( )

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk