Re: CNN vidoes no playable in iceape (mozilla browser)

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 11:17:45 -0400, H.S. wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Anyone else having trouble playing videos on CCN website? I don't
> frequent it and am not sure if this happens with all the vidoes
> there. On Debian Testing amd64, in iceape with flashplayer,
> flashblock, noscript and adblock installed, I am not able to play
> the video linked on this news article:
> http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/30/afghanistan.wikileaks/index.html?hpt=T2

I can play it on my Sid system (iceweasel 3.6.7 form experimental,
flashplayer-mozilla 1:10.1.53.64-0.0, flashblock 1.5.13, noscript 2.0)

> I have allowed cnn.com and turner.com in my noscripts controls, but
> the video page does not appear to load at all.

I did that, too, and then I clicked on the flashblock placeholder icon
for the video; it loaded and played normally.

Note that I have my user agent string set to "Firefox/3.6.7"; I have
found that some websites send you IE-specific, broken HTML if the user
agent is, for example, "Iceweasel" instead of "Firefox". (I did not test
if this is the case for CNN, though.)

> All other vidoes appear to work. BBC and youtube works, for example.
>
> Meahwhile, I am searching if I can find that same interview with
> Assange somewhere else, but no luck yet.

Executive summary: Assange cordially invites the 22nd United States
Secretary of Defense to kiss him where the sun does not shine.

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   |