Re: Successful install of nautilus-dropbox from Ubuntu deb leaves dependency error

2010/7/31 Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com>:
> Hello, all:
>
> I installed the amd54 Ubuntu deb of nautilus-dropbox.  In order to do
> that, I had to override a dependency problem:
>
> dpkg --force-depends-version -i nautilus-dropbox_0.6.3_amd64.deb
> (Reading database ... 230573 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace nautilus-dropbox 0.6.3 (using
> nautilus-dropbox_0.6.3_amd64.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement nautilus-dropbox ...
> dpkg: nautilus-dropbox: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as
> you requested:
>  nautilus-dropbox depends on libnautilus-extension1 (>= 1:2.22.2); however:
>  Version of libnautilus-extension1 on system is 2.30.1-1.
> Setting up nautilus-dropbox (0.6.3) ...
>
> Evidently the lib-nautilus package in testing is actually OK, being
> later than the one expected, which is why I felt confident in forcing
> the install.  And the application installed and works flawlessly.  But
> now aptitude complains of a dependency error and recommends removing
> nautilus-dropbox.  I shall, of course, ignore the recommendation, but
> is there any way to tell aptitude that all is actually well?

But dropbox is not in debian repo now?
Btw, when it was not, a picked up ubuntu version like you, but
modified the .deb this way
1) unpacking it with dpkg-deb -x, dpkg-deb -e
2) modifying 1:2.22.2 to 2.22.2 in the control file
3) repacking it with dpkg-deb -b
hope this help

--
enzotib