debug initrd

Hi,

I compiled Lenny's backport linux-source-2.6.32 2.6.32-15~bpo50+1 but it does not boot: it says 'Loading files...' and sits there.

So I want to debug the initrd. The man page of initramfs-tools says:

debug generates lots of output. It writes a log to /tmp/initramfs.debug. Instead when invoked with an arbitrary argument output is written to console. Use for example "debug=vc".

So I set /etc/default/rcS TMPTIME=2 and used 'debug' but nothing is in /tmp.

Anybody guess what goes on here?

'debug=vc' generates the output on the console and he is sleeping but it goes by too fst to see what went on so I want to look at the output.

hugo