Re: find+grep [was: Re: Amaya W3C Web browser and sid]

On Thursday 29 July 2010 11:25:51 Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On Qui, 29 Jul 2010, "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." wrote:
> > I understand your issues with all but the last one.  A user may need to
> > "sudo su" due to configuration outside of their control.  A system that
> > requires you
> > to "sudo su" for some task is likely misconfigured, but it is a
> > useful tool to
> > have around, as a user.
>
> sudo -i

You can configure sudo to disallow opening a shell directly with the "-i" and
"-s" options.  That is why I indicated that "sudo su" would only be required
with a mis-configured sudo installation.  (If policy allows you to run "su"
[or any shell] directly, then the "-s" and "-i" options should be allowed, as
well.)

Nitpick: (sudo su) is roughly equivalent to (sudo -s); (sudo -i) is roughly
equivalent to (sudo su -).