Re: controlling fanspeed - gnome lenny - acer laptop

hugo vanwoerkom wrote:
Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:19:02 -0500, hugo vanwoerkom wrote:

These are my first days with running Lenny on an Acer Aspire 3613WLCi
and I see temps like: TZS0 70 TZS1 52 but I can't seem to find a utility
to control the fan: I would like to turn in on and see if those temps
change.

I think "lm-sensors" includes a "fancontrol" package, but be careful if you want to manually set the fan speed, because this parameter should be automatically adjusted by ACPI and cpufreqd.

Ideally, running "acpi -V" will display more info about your thermal zones and current temperature trip points.

lm-sensors does not work on this laptop, 'sensors-detect' does not detect any sensors.

'acpi -v' reads;
Battery 0: Charging, 0%, charging at zero rate - will never fully charge., design capacity 4400 mAh
  AC Adapter 0: on-line
     Thermal 0: ok, 53.0 degrees C
     Thermal 1: ok, 69.0 degrees C
     Cooling 0: Processor 1 of 7

But I notice that /etc/rc2.d has 'S20fancontrol', I wonder what that does. I would just like to turn the fan on, since I never hear it.

That is part of lm-sensors, won't work... :-(

Hugo