Re: Internet filtering

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 21:09:44 -0400, "H.S." wrote:

> I am not familiar with ATT. Is your service ADSL or cable?

They call it VDSL.

> If your router does not have the features you desire, than you probably
> need to replace it. It may be replaced with a Debian machine working as
> a router. This will probably give you the maximum flexibility. I use
> this method and am quite satisfied with it. The machine needs to have
> two LAN interface to work as a router, one for WAN (internet) and the
> other for LAN. The other option is to buy a new router that has the
> desired features. I would recommend a Linksys or another router that is
> supported by DDWRT, OpenWRT or Tomato open source firmwares. Eventually
> it all depends on how much you make your current router do this for you.

I'm interested in more info about the two network card configuration like
you're running. I have spare parts laying around which could perform that
duty.  Can you tell me what software package you are using to control the
traffic across your network cards?  Is it GUI based?  Can you define which
protocols you want to allow?