Re: is this result of keylogger? am i hacked?

Hi

On 07/21/2010 11:51 PM, François TOURDE wrote:

I think memory is not the reason, because some time ago I get broken
/etc/shells file also on another machine, which is running Lenny.

If you are so confident, why asking here?

I am not confident and I will do this tests (just need to buy cdrom first), just expressed my opinion on this. I found also yesterday swp files with keyboard logs (see my other mail).

1) Try memtest, it's a good idea.

Will do this evening.

2) Unplug you box from the net, to avoid more corruption

Done.

3) Check the syslog about disk errors

There are no.

4) Check colocs/friends/family for any acces to your box

Done.

5) Tell us more about software installed, especially non Debian packaged
software.

Since i upgraded to squid I did not install something special. Before, in lenny i did compile, packaged and installed several packages like openttd with highres graphics patch, mozilla and its dependencies from testing, also adobe flash from debian-non free and nvidia from debian non-free are installed. That is all I remember right now.

6) If you are creationist, ask God ;)

Will try, good idea :)
--
Sergey