Re: iceweasel vs google-chrome

On 07/22/2010 08:53 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
On Thu July 22 2010, Ron Johnson wrote:
No, but I in these modern Web 2.0 times, web pages are much busier
and thus burn more CPU (all the same CPU!), thus making each tab
time slice with all the others.

yeah, I do notice where some tabs have the little spinning thingie up top, and
I will probably X those when I see it.. like weather sites that regenerate
every X minutes, those always eat more CPU..

With Forecastfox why do you need to go to weather pages?

Presumably you've got ABP and Flashblock installed, which will
noticeably ameliorate the load of IW.
hm, don't see Flashblock, but I do have:
ABP
BetterPrivacy
downloadhelper
Forecastfox
greasemonkey
Noscript

I used to have Nosceript, but wound up having to whitelist everything. So, I uninstalled it.

Moonlight
OverBiteFF
User Agent Switcher
whatwouldjesusdownload

Also, running v3.6.4 (with
it's out-of-process plugins feature) from Experimental (but I do see
where it now has the brand new v3.6.7) also greatly helps of
multi-core systems.
I do have a multi-core and atop is showing:
idle: 154%
idle: 79%
idle:75%

chrome 16%