iceweasel vs google-chrome

I just found out I have an issue with audio playing in iceweasel, but NOT in
google-chrome.
I've mostly used iceweasel, but lately, every morning when I try to listen
live to a news show ( http://wsbradio.com/ - listen live) the audio comes out
either garbled, or not at all. usually I just do:
/etc/init.d/alsasound restart . It crashed iceweasel, and when I restart
iceweasel, audio works. Today I decided to just fire up google-chrome, and
went to that listen live, and IT WORKED.

any clues as to the difference in sound capabilities?
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800