Re: When is best time to upgrade lenny to squeeze

Paul Cartwright schreef:
thanks for clearing that up & for all the info! I love the stable lenny release, I dread upgrading the kernel, mainly because of the NVIDIA driver.. not sure why, but it seems that every time I changed the kernel, besides X not working, it also made my network stop... but that's another story. For now I guess I'll just wait for the release!
In squeeze, they shipped a dkms-version of the nvidia drivers, and it actually works. I've updated my kernel quite a few times and didn't had to do any 'm-a a-i nvidia'.
Does your network card also require some alternative driver?

Sjoerd