Re: When is best time to upgrade lenny to squeeze

On Tuesday 20 July 2010 05:55:37 Paul Cartwright wrote:
> back to the original question on the thread:) so, considering that I only
> have 4 packages installed from backports, what is the squeeze schedule,
> and I assume now is too early to upgrade?

Yes.  Wait until the official release announcement.  At that point, the
release notes will contain upgrade information, which should involve the
following steps:
0. Edit sources.list and update your apt cache.
1. Upgrade aptitude, apt, and perl.
2. Upgrade the kernel.
3. Reboot into the new kernel.
4. Upgrade the rest of the system.
5. Reboot into the new udev version.

(Because of udev-related issues, this is a 2-reboot upgrade; most Debian
upgrades are single-reboot.)