Re: startx can't get into VT7 any more
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: startx can't get into VT7 any more
- From: T o n g <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:11:08 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:49:32 +0000, T o n g wrote:
> - If VT8 is occupied, or using 'startx -- :0', startx start X in VT7
> just fine.
1. Merely 'startx -- :0' can't start X in VT7, but in VT8.
2. Even startx starts X in VT7 fine if VT8 is occupied, but having
switched to VT8 by CTRL-ALT-F8 then switched back, the whole X in VT7
will be destroyed, leaving me with the black text screen in which I can
type text characters.
This is very inconvenient for me because I have to share the box with my
wife. I used to leave my X session in VT7 for days/weeks/months, while my
wife uses VT8 from time to time.
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)