Re: startx can't get into VT7 any more

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:49:32 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> - If VT8 is occupied, or using 'startx -- :0', startx start X in VT7
> just fine.

Correction:

1. Merely 'startx -- :0' can't start X in VT7, but in VT8.
2. Even startx starts X in VT7 fine if VT8 is occupied, but having
switched to VT8 by CTRL-ALT-F8 then switched back, the whole X in VT7
will be destroyed, leaving me with the black text screen in which I can
type text characters.

This is very inconvenient for me because I have to share the box with my
wife. I used to leave my X session in VT7 for days/weeks/months, while my
wife uses VT8 from time to time.

Please help.
Thanks

--