Re: No sound from Flash, but other methods work well

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:41:35 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 07/17/2010 05:57 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> Wait, is the USB device a headset or an external sound card?
>
> Speakers.  But effectively big headsets.
>
>>                                                              I say that
>> beacuse of this:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=firefox+flash+headset+sound
+linux&fp=6c67857170793776

> They all reference asoundconf which has apparently been deprecated for
> PA.

Uh? No, there are many reports about flash outputing sound to the wrong
audio device, even using PA:

http://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18983

It's even documented in Ubuntu wiki:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio#Firefox/Flash%20and%20PulseAudio

>> Maybe is not just Flash the only app having no sound in Iceweasel.
>>

> MP3s play just fine.

Then the problem is just affecting flash plugin within Iceweasel. I'd
follow the suggestions made by Florian.

Mmm... have you tested with another browser (i.e., Epiphany,
Konqueror...)?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón