Re: No sound from Flash, but other methods work well

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:41:35 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 07/17/2010 05:57 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> Wait, is the USB device a headset or an external sound card?
> Speakers.  But effectively big headsets.
>>                                                              I say that
>> beacuse of this:
>> http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=firefox+flash+headset+sound
> They all reference asoundconf which has apparently been deprecated for
> PA.

Uh? No, there are many reports about flash outputing sound to the wrong
audio device, even using PA:

It's even documented in Ubuntu wiki:

>> Maybe is not just Flash the only app having no sound in Iceweasel.
> MP3s play just fine.

Then the problem is just affecting flash plugin within Iceweasel. I'd
follow the suggestions made by Florian.

Mmm... have you tested with another browser (i.e., Epiphany,