Re: No sound from Flash, but other methods work well

On 07/17/2010 05:57 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:13:35 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 07/17/2010 04:30 PM, Camaleón wrote:

Run "alsamixer" and check the volume for all the channels :-?

First thing I did.

Note, though, that for USB Audio there are only three channels: Bass,
Treble, PCM.

No "Master".  That may very well be the problem, but I don't know what
to do about it.

Yep, but having no master channel should also make no sound for the rest
of the applications and not just Icewasel :-?

It's quite bizarre...

Wait, is the USB device a headset or an external sound card?

Speakers.  But effectively big headsets.

                                                             I say that
beacuse of this:

They all reference asoundconf which has apparently been deprecated for PA.

Maybe is not just Flash the only app having no sound in Iceweasel.

MP3s play just fine.

Seek truth from facts.