Debian way to essentially call block phone number

Hello list,

I was wondering if anyone runs a system that essentially blocks unwanted calls from a list of programmed phone numbers. I have the caller display option on my phones service that returns the phone number of most incoming calls.

I came across this idea after reading:

If you want to go the freebie route, you can download free software that claims to block unwanted calls. This software works by hooking up your phone to your computer and letting the software screen incoming calls. Some of these downloads require you to have other hardware though. [1]

Is there a package in Debian I should be aware of, something I can run on a personal computer? I was also considering designing embedded system to do the job, but I cringe at the thought of integrating a POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) modem in the embedded world.

Any help or further comments are welcomed :)

Thanks

[1] - http://communication.howstuffworks.com/blocking-incoming-call1.htm

Your Photo on Bing.ca: You Could WIN on Canada Day! Submit a Photo Now!