Re: Securely deleting *Windows* files (was Re: simple way to securely destroy deleted files in a file system)

On 16/07/10 02:25 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:

Yeah, I guess you could write a bash script to:
1. determine the amount of free space.
2. Divide that by some efficient block size.
3. dd if=/dev/urandom of=${VFAT}/foo.bar \
obs=${BLKSIZ} count=${BLKCNT}

Coincidentally, that is exactly what I did (but with /dev/zero). I posted the commands in a post just a short while ago.

ever having been read.