[SOLVED] Re: Why does not update-grub detect Fedora 13 installation?

On 12/07/10 01:45 PM, H.S. wrote:
> On 12/07/10 01:41 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>>> s/grub-pc/os-prober/
>>>
>>> Foreign operating systems are (supposed to be) detected by os-prober, so
>>> if Fedora 13 does not show up, this is a bug in os-prober.
>>
>> Mmm, I don't even have that installed on my system (lenny) :-?
>>
>> Is it a required package for GRUB (legacy or 2) to detect the available
>> systems?
>>
>> Greetings,
>>

> I don't have that installed either! And yet all my OSes, barring F13,
> are being probed alright. So this makes me wonder, does grub-pc even use
> it while probing for OSes?

I just checked again and os-prober is intalled on my system. I am not
sure why I missed this earlier.

Curiously though, update-grub is now detecting Fedora 13! It was not
doing so last night. And my bash history shows that I did not install
os-prober between then and now.

I check my aptitude log and it shows that os-prober was on HOLD three
days ago (I supposed when I did the initial installation). After that
installation, the trunk kernel and grub in Testing were giving problems
so I pulled those from Unstable. Perhaps this messed up os-prober somehow.

Today I was messing around with scim. Last night I did a full-upgrade.
And now I notice that F13 is being detected by update-grub.

I wish I would tell what I changed. So even though the problem is
solved, but I am at a loss to explain what did it.

ever having been read.