Re: Why does not update-grub detect Fedora 13 installation?

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:24:44 -0400, H.S. wrote:

> On 12/07/10 12:15 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> I don't know so much how the "new beast" (GRUB2) works, but if "man
>> update-grub¹" is right, it will detect all the "vmlinuz" files that are
>> under the "/boot" partition, not sure if this condition fits in your
>> case.
>
> I have F13's kernel on a partition mounted as /boot2 (primary partition,
> not in LVM) in my Debian's fstab. However, update-grub works on all
> other OSes I have on my hard drives, include Windows XP, Windows 7 and
> Fedora 9, and those partitions are not even mounted.

I think windows OS falls apart (as there are no "vmlinuz" files to
detect) but fedora9 should be the same case than Fedora13, provided that
is also located in a different disk.

When you run the "update-grub" command, it writes a bad entry for
fedora13 or just writes nothing?

Also, take a look into the bugs that have already filled for grub-pc:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=grub-pc

Greetings,

--
Camaleón