SUCCESS! Re: Could a Lenny upgrade break GnuCash 2.2.6-2?

I got the two packages compiled, added them to the local packages
repository and installed them using kpackage, the KDE package manager.
I then successfully opened gnucash, selected in preferences to run any
past due scheduled transactions when the data file is opened, made a
couple of transactions, saved the data file, closed it and opened it
again.  Nothing untoward happened (yet?). Thanks for your help; I could
not have compiled these packages without it.

My comments on the final steps in your instructions, and final questions
follow.

>> The changelog is more than information; it is critical for debuild processing.
>> Add something similar to the following at the top (the syntax is very fussy)
>> gnucash (2.2.9-0) stable; urgency=high
>>   * 2.2.6 segfaults with libglib from lenny-backports
>>  -- John Sullivan <myname@mycompany.com>  Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:18:00 -0500

I added the above three lines to the changelog file as you had them.
However when debuild -us -uc was running I noticed flashing by on the
monitor a text to the effect that debuild did not like the format.  In
any event the changelog file did not end up in either package.

>> Edit the control file and edit the two Replaces lines so they read:
>> Replaces: gnucash-common (<< 2.2.6-3)
>> Replaces: gnucash (<< 2.2.6-3)

Used 2.2.6-2 instead, because this version is the one in lenny.  Version
2.2.6-3 is in Sid.

>> Edit the files file so it reads:
>> gnucash-common_2.2.9-0_all.deb gnome optional
>> gnucash_2.2.9-0_amd64.deb gnome optional

Created the files file with only these two lines as you had them, except
replaced amd64 with i386.

>> debuild will complain about the -0 but I do not want to give it -1 in case the real 2.2.9 package is -1 when it is released.

I did not notice whether debuild complained about the -0.  As for 2.2.9,
squeeze has 2.2.9-6.

Further questions.

1. Is it now safe do delete directory /download/gnucash?

2. To your knowledge have other Debian Lenny users found gnucash 2.2.6
broken because of the upgrade to libglib2.2.0 from lenny-backports
because iceweasel 3.5.10 and acroread I think need it?  I ask because I
wonder whether the two packages, gnucash_2.2.9-0_i386.deb and
gnucash-common_2.2.9-0_all.deb which I compiled would be useful to
others.  If not, would it be useful to make available off list your
instructions with my updates as an odt or pdf file?  I would be willing
to create such a file, run it by you, and then tell the list that the
compilation instructions are available from me to those who ask me for
it off list.

Regards, Ken Heard