Re: [Maxima] Bug in 'for', Maxima, Debian ?

On Thursday 08 of July 2010 23:09:55 you wrote:
> Greetings!
> > I know that is very old, but I try compile in Debian (Lenny) Maxima from
> > source, but without success. First, the GCL in Debian is not compiled
> > with ANSI standard, so, I download the latest GCL from
> > ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcl/gcl-2.6.7.tar.gz
> > and compiled it with ANSI (--enable-ansi), but there was some errors. So
> > I couldn't go.
>
> apt-get install gcl
> GCL_ANSI=t gcl
>
> gives ansi gcl promt, and
>
> export GCL_ANSI=t ; cd maxima-5.13.0 ; ./configure --enable-gcl &&
> make
>
> or
>
> apt-get -q source maxima
> cd maxima-5.13.0 ; debian/rules build
>
> Take care,

Thank you very much :-)
I don't know that I can do it that in Debian. Thank you.

I yesterday download SBCL, the latest version
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/sbcl/sbcl/1.0.40/sbcl-1.0.40-source.tar.bz2
and compiled it successful without any problems.

Then I compile without any problems also Maxima 5.21.1 and install it in my
home folder. It works :-) One problem was that there no support for readline
in console. I found a solution on google with package 'rlwrap'
http://www.debian-administration.org/article/Providing_better_editing_support_for_sbcl_via_readline
and this site
http://weitz.de/completions.html
I do it for sbcl and maxima and now everything works excellent.

I also install libwxbase2.8-dev by aptitude and download wxMaxima
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wxmaxima/files/wxMaxima/0.8.5/wxMaxima-0.8.5.tar.gz/download
and also compile it with successful and now I can work very comfortable with
new maxima and wxmaxima.

Thank you all for help.

Zbigniew