Re: [Maxima] Bug in 'for', Maxima, Debian ?

On Wednesday 07 of July 2010 22:49:38 Raymond Toy wrote:
> > Maybe is here somebody who will be show me and maybe others how to
> > compile GCL from source and then Maxima from source the latest version?
>
> I think it best to ask on the gcl mailing lists for how to compile gcl.
> I have compiled gcl and I always have problems.  Perhaps there's another
> place to get a binary distribution?
>
> But unless you really need gcl, feel free to use some other lisp that
> might be available.  Any of the following should work with maxima just
> fine:  ccl, clisp, cmucl, ecl, sbcl.

Thank you.

I try also with sbcl on Debian and Maxima has been compiled with success, but
when I write some mathematical equations and press enter, then I got very
strange output, e.g.:

e: x^2+3*x-4;

I got:

              2
     x + 3 x - 4

With such output is impossible to work efficiently. It should be of course:

      2
     x + 3 x - 4

Is here maybe somebody who compiled any of the compiler: ccl, clisp, cmucl,
ecl, sbcl and then Maxima and it work correctly? Especially in Debian Lenny?

Thank you in advance.

> Ray

Zbigniew