Re: Restarting network

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 12:26:16PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Hint: In the old days interfaces were quite static on systems.  But
> with the coming of removable and hotplug devices such as PCMCIA or USB
> network interface cards there was a need to move to a more dynamic
> system.

Thanks for your answer. It makes sense.

Having used Linux on my Desktop and since 1995 and on many servers since
2001 it was a bit of an embarrasment having trouble on my PC to start
and stop the networking.  I was used to how things were done in "the
old days"  :)

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4599

     "And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on
      it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled
      away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw
      the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the
      books were opened; and another book was opened, which
      is the book of life; and the dead were judged out of
      those things which were written in the books,
      according to their works."       Revelation 20:11,12