Re: Network crashes under heavy load

Nathen put forth on 7/6/2010 12:56 PM:
> I posted this earlier but it's not appeared on the list for some reason:
>
> Sorry about the delay I didn't have a chance to try anything yesterday.
> Anyway I've just tried a direct connection, updating BIOS, compiling and
> installing the latest drivers and it's still the same, if not worse - it
> seems I can crash it with as little as two iperf runs now. I'm still
> relatively inexperienced with Linux though so I might be doing something
> wrong. I haven't managed to find that PCI card yet but I'll keep looking
> or try to borrow one from a friend or something.
>
> I'm using an Intel Atom D510MO board and no RAID.

~$30 + shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106121
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106122
(2nd one has short bracket for low profile cases, functionally identical)

I don't use anything but Intel NICs with Linux.  I've had such great luck with
them and the cost is low enough there's no legitimate reason to even try
competing products.  These cards simply work, and work well.  Totally
compatible, totally reliable.  Did I mention they're fast?  They push wire
speed all day long if the rest of the system is up to the task.

--
Stan