Saving files of one folder in another partition, but without changing the path?

Hi,

Put simply, I have a program which saves data in a subdirectory of
/var/lib/. The problem is double:

1. I can't modify the path where data are saved;
2. I'm lacking free space in /var/lib/the_concerned_subfolder/ because
it is on an isolated partition (say hda2).

However, I have free space in /home/merciadriluca/, but this is on
another partition (say hda1). How could I manage to save
/var/lib/the_concerned_subfolder/* data at
/home/merciadriluca/another_folder/ so that the program notices nothing?
Symlink?

Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Getting something done is an accomplishment; getting something done
right is an achievement.