Re: AM3 socket Asus M4A87TD EVO motherboard work flawlessly in Debian?

On 03/07/10 06:36 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 07/02/2010 07:52 PM, Greg Madden wrote:
>> On Friday 02 July 2010 08:45:41 H.S. wrote:
>>> I am thinking of getting this one. It appears to be a new one from Asus
>>> and I am wondering if Linux supports it in all ways (networking, sound,
>>> etc.). It is an AMD Socket AM3 motherboard: Asus M4A87TD EVO.
>>>
>>> Anybody with this mobo can confirm there are no problems with Debian?
>>> For example, someone has mentioned that he can't get audio to work
>>> properly in this.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> The gigabit ethernet might be an issue., not sure about that board ,
>> earlier
>> versions had the RealTek 8111/8168. Not supported in Lenny, or Squeeze.
>> Installed with a pci nic, compiled the driver from source from
>> RealTeks site.
>>

> An RTL8111C works fine on my Sid system running 2.6.32-3, so why
> wouldn't it work in Squeeze?

Wonderful! That was my main concern. Thanks for confirming that it
works. BTW, the mobo says it has RTL8111E. Does that "E" matter much?

Next up is the audio:
Audio: VT1818 High Definition Audio 8-Channel CODEC

I am expecting that the new SATA ( 6 Gbps) and USB 3.0 won't be a problem.

ever having been read.