Re: AM3 socket Asus M4A87TD EVO motherboard work flawlessly in Debian?

On Friday 02 July 2010 08:45:41 H.S. wrote:
> I am thinking of getting this one. It appears to be a new one from Asus
> and I am wondering if Linux supports it in all ways (networking, sound,
> etc.). It is an AMD Socket AM3 motherboard: Asus M4A87TD EVO.
>
> Anybody with this mobo can confirm there are no problems with Debian?
> For example, someone has mentioned that he can't get audio to work
> properly in this.
>
> Thanks.

The gigabit ethernet might be an issue., not sure about that board , earlier
versions had the RealTek 8111/8168. Not supported in Lenny, or Squeeze.
Installed with a pci nic, compiled the driver from source from RealTeks site.

--
Peace,

Greg