Re: Burning a .iso on an USB key

On 07/01/2010 11:55 AM, Joe wrote:
On 01/07/10 16:39, Alan Chandler wrote:
On 01/07/10 16:12, Merciadri Luca wrote:
Hi,

I have an USB key and I would like to know how I could `burn' a .iso
image on it. I remember some weird procedure using dd, but I'm not sure,
and I can't find the tutorial. Evidently, assuming respective BIOS
capability, the USB key should be bootable.

You don't say "WHY" you want to burn an .iso file onto a usb stick.

Live running, mainly. I have a System Rescue installation on one, and
it's also useful to be able run something like Knoppix or Ubuntu to help
work out how to drive some piece of hardware. I have a recent Knoppix
DVD in my toolbox, along with other useful discs, but a USB key fits in
the pocket.

Hence most of the distributions with Live variants, such as Knoppix and
Ubuntu, offer advice and utilities on their websites for burning to USB.

In that case, the question should be: how do I convert a Live CD to a Live USB Stick?

--
Seek truth from facts.