Re: Burning a .iso on an USB key

On 01/07/10 16:39, Alan Chandler wrote:
On 01/07/10 16:12, Merciadri Luca wrote:
Hi,

I have an USB key and I would like to know how I could `burn' a .iso
image on it. I remember some weird procedure using dd, but I'm not sure,
and I can't find the tutorial. Evidently, assuming respective BIOS
capability, the USB key should be bootable.

You don't say "WHY" you want to burn an .iso file onto a usb stick.

Live running, mainly. I have a System Rescue installation on one, and it's also useful to be able run something like Knoppix or Ubuntu to help work out how to drive some piece of hardware. I have a recent Knoppix DVD in my toolbox, along with other useful discs, but a USB key fits in the pocket.

Hence most of the distributions with Live variants, such as Knoppix and Ubuntu, offer advice and utilities on their websites for burning to USB.

--
Joe