Re: Debian Install stalls at 5% (at least for 3 hours, don't know if it suffices to designate this state as `stall')

Andrew Reid wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2010 17:00:15 Merciadri Luca wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm installating Debian Lenny on an old P2 350 Mhz to make a server. The
>> BIOS has been flashed to get the most up-to-date configuration with this
>> really racing beast. This P2 had, before, RH, that I deinstalled. I
>> tried a first Debian install, which stalled at 5%. I then re-tried, and
>> here I am: stuck at 5% for a long time (~3 hours). I did not mess
>> anything with the parameters, and this is not at all my first Debian
>> install. I don't understand why this happens.
>>

>   Is it stalled at the "downloading packages" step of an older
> netinst CD?
>
>   I had something similar happen a while ago, the solution was to
> use a more recent netinst CD, which I was able to try because
> I happened to have one handy.
>
>   Never did understand it, but the symptoms were similar.

I'd like it to be so. But I don't think that this is the same situation,
because it seems to have already downloaded the necessary stuff.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at
the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. (Mary Anne Radmacher)