Debian Install stalls at 5% (at least for 3 hours, don't know if it suffices to designate this state as `stall')

Hi,

I'm installating Debian Lenny on an old P2 350 Mhz to make a server. The
BIOS has been flashed to get the most up-to-date configuration with this
really racing beast. This P2 had, before, RH, that I deinstalled. I
tried a first Debian install, which stalled at 5%. I then re-tried, and
here I am: stuck at 5% for a long time (~3 hours). I did not mess
anything with the parameters, and this is not at all my first Debian
install. I don't understand why this happens.

The config might be problematic, as I had various kernel panics during
CentOS installation(!) (that's why I installed RH). But, some years ago,
I had installed a Debian which worked really well. This was an older
kernel (I think 2.6.x where x was in [10; 23], don't remember), though,
but I can't find this CD back.

Note that I'm installing with a netinst with a 6X CD-ROM reader, and
that I have replaced the floppy by another HDD, which gives 3 or 4 HDDs
for this computer.

Any idea(s)?

Thanks.

--